What is The Power To Change?
The “Power to Change” support group is a facilitated recovery based program. Our upcoming program will be running for 14 weeks from 22nd May – 29th August. The Power to Change aims to support women to recover from domestic violence by providing a safe, non-judgmental and inclusive environment where women can access information, support and connection.
What does The Power to Change aim to achieve?
- A therapeutic environment in which survivors of domestic and family violence work through a 14 week program led by supportive facilitators.
- Mutual support and respect amongst the group.
- An awareness and knowledge of women’s basic rights.
- Self-education that provides knowledge to reduce the risk of engaging in future toxic relationships.
- A safe and supportive space that encourages participants to share their personal experiences.
- A sense of connection to others who have had similar domestic/family experiences.
- An opportunity to have existing beliefs about relationships challenged and reframed.
- Increase in self-esteem, self-determination and empowerment of participants.
If you or someone you know are recovering from Domestic Violence and would benefit from group-based support please register your interest in the program at email@example.com