Love Bites is an extremely successful school based domestic and family violence, sexual assault and consent awareness education program targeted at both Years 7-9 (Love Bites Junior) and Years 10-11 (Love Bites Senior).
Delivered free of cost in local high schools in the Northern Rivers by trained facilitators, the respectful relationships program consists of interactive education workshops on Domestic and Family Violence, Respectful Relationships, Cyber Safety, Sexual Assault, and Consent Awareness followed by creative workshops that consolidate the information taught in the earlier sessions. Through these creative sessions, students have the opportunity to showcase their artistic talents while encapsulating the key messages of respectful and healthy relationships. Students are given opportunities to showcase their work in the local community.
- To provide a safe environment in which young people can talk about Domestic and Family Violence and Sexual Assault.
- To promote and model respectful relationships for young people
- To raise awareness about Domestic and Family Violence and Sexual Assault – it’s prevalence and forms.
- To engage young people, male and female, on the issues of Domestic and Family Violence and Sexual Assault in a non-sex-segregated environment with male and female facilitators.
- To challenge gender stereotypes, attitudes, values and social institutions that perpetuate male violence against women.
- To deconstruct myths that exist in local communities and society generally on domestic and family violence and sexual assault.
- To encourage and educate young people to support their friends.
- To introduce young people to local support service providers in an informal environment.
For more information about Love Bites, or to schedule a session at your school, please contact Kyra our Project Leader at firstname.lastname@example.org